Back to Member Index |
Back to Robot Index
- Type: DC Motor diferential drive (ax-man 40:1 gear motors)
- Purpose: Reliable basic base, with room for development.
- Controller: Handy board (68HC11A1FN)
- Software Development Environment/Methods: Interactive C
- Sensors: Poloroid Sonar, V2X Compass module, Wheel encoders
- Actuators: Servo to turn the sonar module
- Height, width, length: 8in dia, 9in height
- Power source: 9.6V NiCad
- Speed: Not too bad
- Contruction history: Always been building robots (since 1982 anyway),
never anything reliable, always had one or more in various states of
assembly. Finally in 1996 decided to go back to known state, where I
have a base that works, and then leave room for sensors and
experimentation. The top has several velcro "hardpoints" for mounting
computers and sensors. Will continue to evolve for the rest of it's
- Operational Description: Currently working on flood fill mapping software.
- Future Enhancements/Plans: Yes
- Status: Drives around without bumping into things.